Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Am I ready????

Well, I am just realizing that two weeks from now, Marika will be in my arms. We leave on Feb. 13, fly into Shangahi, and off to Nanjing on the train the next day. We will be staying in Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu province, for a week. Marika is from a town in the province of Jiangsu called Xuzhou, which is NW of Shanghai, between Shanghai and Beijing. It is closer to Shanghai if you want to check it out on the map. Am I ready to go? Mentally, absolutely. Physically, not even close!!!! I have to exchange money, get all my documents together, pack for three of us, and wrap up things at work, as I will be taking a three month leave. I am so excited to get back to China. I love it there. After actually getting Marika, I am most looking forward to going to her orphanage and then actually getting to visit Mia's orphanage while we are in Guangzhou. We are trying to arrange that now and I am so hoping that I can show Mia where she spent the first year of her life. It was the highlight of my trip when I adopted Mia in 2004. I wanted to be able to have some answers for her as she grows up, and I think taking her there may help!!! More later, with pics!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderfully exciting!! We loved China also. So Happy to follow along! Thanks for sharing!
    Jan, John & Jillian Rose - also from Xuzhou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your excitement growing, your dream is close now. And how wonderful to visit your first daughter's orphanage during this trip. Hope your travel is all that you want it to be, and thanks again for sharing it with us. How nice to know that you will have three long months to bond with Mari, can't wait to watch her blossom like the others.

    sue (momma to her little blossom, Jia)

    ReplyDelete