Friday, March 6, 2009

We are back!!!

We are back in Seattle safe and sound. For those of you wondering where I went, thank you so much for your concern. I caught pneumonia in China. I still have it but am now just feeling like I can function somewhat normally (although with little energy). After the last post, we headed down to GZ. The day I got there I tried to post but had tech difficulties w/ the computer then got hit with pneumonia so I never did fix things. Needless to say, despite it all, we had a GREAT trip!!! The baby and Mia are both well and knock on wood did not get sick. When I picked up Marika she had a terrible cold, so I am assuming it all started with that, coupled with lousy weather in Nanjing and lack of sleep, etc. Anyway, as soon as I find my power cord I will transfer all my pics and post more! Great to be home. Marika turned two yesterday and the most important thing is that she is home! Thank you all for your wonderful posts and encouragement. More pics coming!! Kathleen, Mia and Marika.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, Kathleen. Stay healthy and enjoy your time off with Mia and Marika. Looking forward to more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home....Hope you feel better soon!!! I have so enjoyed your trip stories & pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Happy Birthday, Mari. I can't wait to see you again and celebrate being "2" with you. I hope your mommy feels better soon.

    Your friend, Lily Mei

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!! Yes, we were all worried about you. So glad you are feeling better, and that the kids didn't catch it! Happy Birthday sweet Marika!! Can't wait to see your new pictures!
    Hugs,
    Sheri (Xia's Mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Yeah!
    So so sorry that you were sick and your computer, too. Rest at home has to have helped. Glad to know you're on the upswing. Looking forward to watching Mari grow!
    Hugs,
    Trena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathleen, Sorry you fell ill during your trip. Glad you are feeling better as of March 6th! We need updates please! We love pictures! Hope you are enjoying your time off with Mia and Marika! Talk Later, Debbie, Nathan, Emily and Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry that you felt ill during the Trip! Hope everything is fine now! Can not wait to see Marika and you and Mia!

    ReplyDelete